Posts tagged Jerry Lewis
Posts tagged Jerry Lewis
“They spend $300,000 for a program and they couldn’t put Coke in here!”
I’ll face the unknown
I’ll build a world of my own
no one knows better
than I myself
I’m by myself
At what age do you think Jerry looked the best?
My personal favorite is him in the early 1950s, when he’s around 25. Like, on Colgate. All the episodes from 1951 are very cute. And 1958 was a good looking year. ;) And then in 1960 he looked very sharp (Cinderfella, the Bellboy, Visit to a Small Planet). I think he looks pretty good now too, for his age and also for everything that he’s been through. He still looks like himself. :)
Your favorite Jerry film with Dean Martin?
The Stooge is my all-time favorite. I think it’s just positively perfect in every way imaginable. It really details their partnership and the acting and story are terrific (and hilarious!). Definitely the best of the Martin & Lewis films.
Other favorites include You’re Never Too Young, which was the first one I ever saw and the one that introduced me to Dean & Jerry; also the Caddy, because it was the first M&L movie I watched on purpose (lol); and then Living it Up and Artist & Models are just really good films overall. And Scared Stiff is really fun. I cannot choose.
If you could return to the past and do anything with Jerry, what would you do? Name 10 things.
1. First I would give him a big hug and thank him for bringing so much joy and laughter into my life.
2. Then I would make him introduce me to Dean. (I would prefer going back in time to the era of their partnership XD)
3. I would make them do a live show just for me XD and I would video it with my digital camera which I brought with me from the future.
4. Next I would ask Jerry to introduce me to his family.
5. Then we would go have lunch in the studio commissary and I would ask him to introduce me to all the stars at Paramount *cough*Audrey Hepburn*cough*
6. After that I would ask if he would teach me some new dance steps. Then we could swing dance together XD
7. Then we would put on a mini show together with the live band. Sort of like what he did on his television show with Patrice Monsell (I love that clip).
8. Next we would fly to New York and have dinner at the Copacabana in all its 50s glory. With Dean and Jerry performing, of course.
9. Then I would just sit and listen to him talk about everything—filmmaking, showbiz, etc. etc. etc. and get his advice on performing & all that stuff.
10. And finally I would get him to autograph everything possible so I could take it with me to the future XD And brag about how I met the young Jerry Lewis.
from left to right: Janet Leigh, Marion Marshall, Connie Stevens, Dean Martin (lol), Patti Lewis, Martha Hyer, Connie Stevens, Marion Marshall, Janet Leigh